Sea-Bird Scientific offers training classes on major Sea-Bird Scientific products and software:
- Regularly scheduled, 4-day classes at the Sea-Bird Electronics factory in Bellevue, Washington USA. Training consists of comprehensive operator training on major Sea-Bird Scientific products and software, and is hands-on in nature. The current curriculum covers profiling CTDs, thermosalinographs, and moored CTDs, and includes theory and operation, data processing, and maintenance and repair. Sea-Bird plans to add training on select WET Labs and Satlantic products to future classes.
- Classes at off-site locations (past locations include China, France, Germany, India, Italy, and New Zealand). Class content varies, depending on customer training needs; past topics include –
- Sea-Bird Electronics SBE 911plus profiling CTD; SBE 19plus profiling CTD; SBE 16 and 37 moored CTDs
- WET Labs ECO fluorometers, backscattering sensors, and turbidity sensors; WQM water quality monitor; Cycle phosphate sensor; IOP packages
- Satlantic SUNA nitrate sensor; SeaFET pH sensor; HyperPro optical profiling system