WET Labs’ Beam Attenuation Meter is the next generation transmissometer specifically designed for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), where size and drag are primary considerations.
- Compact size
- Rugged construction
- High precision and stability
- Digital electronics
- Protected optics
- Flush mountable
|Weight in air||3.28 kg|
|Weight in water||2.06 kg|
|Internal air volume||454 cc|
|Output resolution||14 bit|
|RS-232 output||19200 baud|
|Power input||7.5-15 VDC|
|Operating current||35 mA (532 and 650 nm)|
|Sample rate||to 8 Hz|
|Rated depth||1000 m|
|Temperature range||-2 to 38 deg C|
|Temperature storage||-40 to 70 deg C|
|Temperature stability||0.02% FS/deg C|
|Long term stability (6hrs)||0.02% FS/Hr|
|Short term noise||0.027% FS Std dev over 1 minute|
|Wavelengths||470, 532, or 650 nm|
|Optical pathlength||10 cm|
|Acceptance angle||~ 1 deg|
|Precision||0.003 m-1 @ 1 Hz (532 and 650 nm)|
What should I use to lubricate bulkhead connectors?
WET Labs recommends keeping the connectors on your meter lubricated using a good quality silicone spray lubricant, such as 3M Silicone Spray or Loctite 8021 spray. These can be purchased at your local hardware store. Avoid silicone grease. It is messy and attracts contaminants.
Do not use WD-40. It will destroy connectors.
Do you want WET Labs to review your data?
In order for data questions to be answered in an efficient manner, WET Labs requests:
- The serial number of the instrument data in question. The most current calibration information
can be verified and the instrument settings upon delivery can be checked.
- Description of the deployment configuration. Questions to consider:
- What are the current instrument settings?
- What is the instrument orientation?
- Are there possible obstructions?
- Is it being used in a mooring, a profiler, or being towed?
- What were the deployment date and geographical location?
- How far into the deployment was the problem seen?
- What power supply and cabling are being used?
- What was the instrument condition during the last field service or retrieval?
- Do you have any pictures?
- Raw data files of the physical data in question
- examples of good raw data.
- examples of questionable raw data .
- Information about how the raw data was processed.
How do I clean the optical surfaces on my transmissometer?
Functional Checks and Cleaning Methodology for WET Labs Transmissometers Download PDF
IOP Tutorial on Primary Data Processing
Real-Time Coastal Ocean Observing Systems for Ecosystem Dynamics and Harmful Algal Blooms, Villfrance, France- By Andrew Barnard Download PDF Presentation
Information about acceptance angles for beam attenuation meters.
The acceptance angle of a beam attenuation meter is defined by the detector aperture and the focal length of the lens. Download PDF
An Introduction to In-Situ Absorption and Attenuation Meters
- Brief introduction to the optical properties we are trying to measure
- Measurement of absorption and attenuation with an ac9
- Current developments