ac-s In-Situ Spectrophotometer
The ac-s features a proven flow-through system, compact size, and excellent stability. With 80 (+/-5) wavelength outputs from 400–730 nm, the 4 nm resolution allows for spectral “fingerprinting” and deconvolution analysis. The ac-s employs a 25-cm pathlength for effective measurement of the cleanest natural waters.
|Weight in air||5.9 kg|
|Weight in water||0.8 kg|
|Input voltage||10–35 VDC|
|Current draw||0.83 A @ 12 V nominal|
|Temperature range||0–30 o C|
|Depth rating||500 m|
|Spectral range||400–730 nm|
Bandpass (FWHM), nm
|Pathlength, cm||10 or 25|
|Beam cross-section||8 mm dia. (nominal)|
|Linear dispersion||6–7.0 nm/mm|
|Precision, 400 to 449 nm||+/-0.003 m-1 typ., 0.006 m-1 max @ 1 Hz|
+/-0.005 m-1 typ., 0.012 m-1 max @ 4 Hz
|Precision, 450 to 730 nm||+/-0.0005 m-1 typ., 0.0015 m-1 max @ 1 Hz|
+/-0.001 m-1 typ., 0.003 m-1 max @ 4 Hz
What should I use to lubricate bulkhead connectors?
WET Labs recommends keeping the connectors on your meter lubricated using a good quality silicone spray lubricant, such as 3M Silicone Spray or Loctite 8021 spray. These can be purchased at your local hardware store. Avoid silicone grease. It is messy and attracts contaminants.
Do not use WD-40. It will destroy connectors.
Do you want WET Labs to review your data?
In order for data questions to be answered in an efficient manner, WET Labs requests:
- The serial number of the instrument data in question. The most current calibration information
can be verified and the instrument settings upon delivery can be checked.
- Description of the deployment configuration. Questions to consider:
- What are the current instrument settings?
- What is the instrument orientation?
- Are there possible obstructions?
- Is it being used in a mooring, a profiler, or being towed?
- What were the deployment date and geographical location?
- How far into the deployment was the problem seen?
- What power supply and cabling are being used?
- What was the instrument condition during the last field service or retrieval?
- Do you have any pictures?
- Raw data files of the physical data in question
- examples of good raw data.
- examples of questionable raw data .
- Information about how the raw data was processed.